Digital marketing is one of the most crucial components of any business. And what might seem like a constant outflow of cash with no material gain, digital marketing gives a good return on investment to any company in the long run. While that being true, marketing professionals are always on the lookout for competitive marketing channels in order to maximize fully on their marketing investment. Businesses at the moment are waiting for the COVID-19 pandemic to decline in order to function to their full capacity. In the meantime, all marketing channels must be utilized to its full potential in order to let customers know that the business will resume soon.
Here in this blog, we will reiterate the 6 Effective Digital Marketing Channels to Keep Using in 2020.
1. Pay-Per-Click Marketing
Pay-Per-Click or PPC is “an internet advertising model used to drive traffic to websites, in which an advertiser pays a publisher (typically a search engine, website owner, or a network of websites) when the ad is clicked”.  In this form of marketing, first-tier search engines are typically used such as Google Ads, Facebook/Instagram Ads, Amazon Advertising, etc. For some businesses, this might seem complex, so they should consult agencies who can perform this form of effective marketing for the business.
2. Content Marketing + SEO
Search engine optimization is an inbound marketing strategy. Instead of going out and targeting the audience, a business creates content through inbound methods to pull the audience towards your business when they are searching for similar information. This could be made possible through blogs, and customer-centric readily available information regarding the business. It is an organic form of marketing and is entirely based on the search engine algorithm which means that if a business has created its website using the most optimized keywords then search engines will help direct traffic to the particular business’s website.
3. Email Marketing
Email marketing is usually taken for granted. But this form of marketing has some great benefits which are listed below.
- Reach an already engaged audience
- Lower in cost in comparison to mainstream marketing
- Easy to share and it can reach a global audience
While social media platforms are an easier way to communicate with consumers, email marketing is still a continuing favorite amongst businesses due to it creating brand awareness, cost-effective method for new customer acquisition, and fostering trust and loyalty with the business’s customer base. 
4. Social Media
Successful social media campaigns teach businesses how powerful transmissions and instant emotions can attract influencers and opinion leaders to a particular subject which can lead to explosive hypes, ultimately benefitting your business. These are some of the ways to benefit from Social Media campaigns :
- Ads – Facebook and Twitter allow a business to place ads directly on a target audience’s timeline without it seeming distasteful. The business can then link it to a landing page with a call to action.
- Giveaways, Contests, Discounts – Businesses can use creatives to announce discounts (with a code that can be availed by clicking a link), or contests or giveaways. Hearing about freebees entices any customer to at least have a look.
- It is a cost-effective form of marketing and creates more brand awareness
- Generates more inbound traffic
- Improves search engine rankings
- Gets higher conversion rates
- Sources ideas for content marketing for your business
- Helps solve customer grievances without delay hence an attempt to maintain customer base
Also, if you would like to launch paid advertisements on social media networks then consider using Facebook Ads, Instagram Ads, Pinterest Ads, Snapchat Ads.
A business is usually negligible about the content that is on their website. But the website is an important tool through which one can provide as much information regarding the services of a business. If information is not readily available on a website, then customers might skip off to find a different business website that does. Also, call-to-action buttons need to be present readily for a customer so that if a customer decides to purchase, then the transaction can be made easily through the various places where call-to-actions are placed.
6. Display Ads
Display ads help you to use images, videos, and audio to better communicate your message to the audience. In comparison to search ads, display ads have a lower cost per click. This ensures that there is more advertising space available across the web instead of just the search engine. The success of display ads depends on your ability to match your ad to the host website’s audience to drive conversions. 
These are the 6 Effective Digital Marketing Channels to Keep Using in 2020. What are the best digital marketing channels as per you? Let us know through the comments section below.
1. Wikipedia – Pay-Per-Click Marketing
2. Why Email Marketing is Important – the Benefits of Email Marketing
3. Benefits of Social Media Marketing for Businesses
4. 7 Digital Marketing Channel (That Actually Work)